Terms and Conditions of Use
By accessing this web site, you are agreeing to be bound by these web site Terms and Conditions of Use, all applicable laws and regulations, and agree that you are responsible for compliance with any applicable local laws. If you do not agree with any of these terms, you are prohibited from using or accessing this site. The materials contained in this web site are protected by applicable copyright and trade mark law.
2. Use License
- Permission is granted to temporarily download one copy of the materials (information or software) on Palagama Beach’s web site for personal, non-commercial transitory viewing only. This is the grant of a license, not a transfer of title, and under this license you may not:
- modify or copy the materials;
- use the materials for any commercial purpose, or for any public display (commercial or non-commercial);
- attempt to decompile or reverse engineer any software contained on Palagama Beach’s web site;
- remove any copyright or other proprietary notations from the materials; or
- transfer the materials to another person or “mirror” the materials on any other server.
- This license shall automatically terminate if you violate any of these restrictions and may be terminated by Palagama Beach at any time. Upon terminating your viewing of these materials or upon the termination of this license, you must destroy any downloaded materials in your possession whether in electronic or printed format.
- The materials on Palagama Beach’s web site are provided “as is”. Palagama Beach makes no warranties, expressed or implied, and hereby disclaims and negates all other warranties, including without limitation, implied warranties or conditions of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement of intellectual property or other violation of rights. Further, Palagama Beach does not warrant or make any representations concerning the accuracy, likely results, or reliability of the use of the materials on its Internet web site or otherwise relating to such materials or on any sites linked to this site.
In no event shall Palagama Beach or its suppliers be liable for any damages (including, without limitation, damages for loss of data or profit, or due to business interruption,) arising out of the use or inability to use the materials on Palagama Beach’s Internet site, even if Palagama Beach or a Palagama Beach authorized representative has been notified orally or in writing of the possibility of such damage. Because some jurisdictions do not allow limitations on implied warranties, or limitations of liability for consequential or incidental damages, these limitations may not apply to you.
5. Revisions and Errata
The materials appearing on Palagama Beach’s web site could include technical, typographical, or photographic errors. Palagama Beach does not warrant that any of the materials on its web site are accurate, complete, or current. Palagama Beach may make changes to the materials contained on its web site at any time without notice. Palagama Beach does not, however, make any commitment to update the materials.
Palagama Beach has not reviewed all of the sites linked to its Internet web site and is not responsible for the contents of any such linked site. The inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement by Palagama Beach of the site. Use of any such linked web site is at the user’s own risk.
8. Governing Law
Any claim relating to Palagama Beach’s web site shall be governed by the laws of the State of Kalpitiya without regard to its conflict of law provisions.
General Terms and Conditions applicable to Use of a Web Site.
Rates include accommodation and breakfast for two people. Unless mentioned otherwise in a special offer, all other meals, beverages, extra guests, children and activities are not included. Please note that costs are subject to a 10% service charge and 11% VAT which will be invoiced upon your check out.
10. BOOKING CONFIRMATION and CANCELLATION
All cancellations must be in writing and any cancellation fee will be determined by the date and time the cancellation is received by Palagama. All cancellations will be confirmed by our reservations office via email with a cancellation number.
By putting down the deposit, you agree to the cancellation policy below.
11. Refund Policy
Your deposit will be refunded minus bank charges or minus 20% of total payment for online charges, if you notify us by: Cancellation policy is the same for peak and off peak. If you decide to cut short your stay at Palagama after check in, your deposit will not be returned and cannot be used to offset extra charges such as Food & Beverage, Activities, Spa. All accounts must be settled prior to departure.
30 Days or more:
Non Peak (May, June, July, September, October, November) – 100% of deposit refunded
Peak (Dec, Jan, Feb, march, April and August) – 50%of deposit
29 to 16 days inclusive
Non Peak (May, June, July, September, October, November) – 50% of deposit refunded
Peak(Dec, Jan, Feb, march, April and August) – 0%of deposit
15 Days and less
Non Peak (May, June, July, September, October, November) – 0% of deposit refunded
Peak (Dec, Jan, Feb, march, April and August) – 0%of deposit
In order to be safe we recommend our guests to subscribe a travel insurance, This can be arranged by your travel agent when booking your ticket. You can also contact us for contact details of local travel agents.
13. POOL RULES
The tiles around the pool are very slippery, please do not run around the edges and take extra care. Diving is not authorized. All children must be accompanied by an adult in and around the pool area. There is no life guard on duty. All persons entering the pool do so at their own risk. The pool is open from 9.00am to 10.00pm.
14. SEA RULES
There is no life guard on duty. There is no dangerous current in front of our beach. However, All persons entering the sea do so at their own risk.
The resort do not accept responsibility or liability for cancellations, delays, changes or losses caused by acts of God, war, threat of war, closure of airports, civil strife, natural disasters, accidents or any other events beyond or within our control; guests’ injuries, illnesses, medical or psychiatric conditions developed during or subsequent to the holiday; loss of/or damage to personal property of guests.
By placing a reservation at Palagama Beach, you have read and agreed to the above Terms & Conditions.